Monday, 13 February 2017

Review: The Girl from the Sea

The Girl from the Sea The Girl from the Sea by Shalini Boland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!

A woman is found barely conscious washed up on a beach. When asked to identify herself she finds that she can't recall. In fact, she can't remember anything about her life up until this point. When a good-looking man who claims to be her boyfriend identifies her and takes her home things start getting even weirder. You may think you know where this is going...
You don't. Trust me, you don't.
As someone who has always been creeped out by the very idea of amnesia, I could not put this book down. At first I chalked this book up to be a giant cliche (girl loses memory and is taken advantage of by those around her), and while that turns out to be somewhat true, there are a million other things going on. While this book had almost the same feel and tone as other psychological thrillers I've read recently (The Sisters, The Girl on the Train), the twist ending to this book is what 100% won me over. If you're looking for a really quick read with a great (and bitter) ending - this book is for you.

view more reviews