Monday, 13 February 2017

Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After the disaster that was Harry Potter and the Cursed Child I REALLY needed this book (screenplay) to be great. Let me tell you, J.K. Rowling did not disappoint. I absolutely loved this story. I did get the chance to see the movie before receiving this novel as a gift, so I want to note that the movie did inform my reading experience a little bit. I could hear the score in my head, and didn't have to piece together what the characters and scenery looked like. Having said that I can still guarantee I would have loved this just as much even if I had read this beforehand. I absolutely love Newt. I mean is it humanly possible to not fall in love with a character so adorable? He's so genuinely so innocent and kindhearted that it is refreshing to see in a character. And don't get me wrong, I also loved Tina & Queenie as characters (and Jacob grew on me) and as long as we see them in the follow up movies (and screenplays, of course) I will be a very happy camper!

view more reviews